3 tablespoons frozen grape juice concentrate
1 1/2 cups water
3 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
3 tablespoons frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
1 drop green food coloring
2 cups lemon-lime carbonated beverage or carbonated water, chilled
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine the grape juice concentrate and 1/2 cup of the water.
2. Pour mixture into a 1 1/2 quart glass baking dish.
3. In another small bowl, combine the orange juice concentrate and 1/2 cup water.
4. Pour mixture into another 1 1/2 quart glass baking dish.
5. In a third small mixing bowl, combine the limeade concentrate, the remaining 1/2 cup water, and 1 drop green food coloring.
6. Pour mixture into a third 1 1/2 quart glass baking dish.
7. Cover and freeze mixtures for 4 to 24 hours or until firm.
8. To form slush mixtures, remove each dish from the freezer. Break up each frozen mixture with a wooden spoon.
9. Scoop one fourth of the grape juice mixture into each of four chilled 10 ounce glasses.
10. Scoop one fourth of the limeade mixture over the grape mixture in each glass.
11. Spoon one fourth of the orange juice mixture over the limeade mixture in each glass.
12. Slowly pour 1/2 cup of the lemon lime carbonated beverage down the sides of each glass. If desired, stir gently to mix.
© Better Homes and Gardens Magazine – Halloween Tricks and Treats Oct 2004.